The ADHD Medication Guide [downloadable]
The ADHD Medication Guide© is a visual aid for professionals caring for individuals with ADHD. The guide includes only medications indicated for the treatment of ADHD by the FDA. In clinical practice, this guide may be used to assist patients in identifying medications previously tried, and may allow clinicians to identify ADHD medication options for the future.
The ADHD Medication Guide© was developed by Dr. Andrew Adesman, Chief of Developmental and Behavioral Pediatrics at the Steven and Alexandra Cohen Children’s Medical Center of New York, part of Northwell Health.
The guide features:
- Color photos of all doses of FDA-approved brand name medications
- Images of most medications are actual size
- Allows easy side-by-side comparison of similar products
- Identifies for which products generic formulations are available
- Specifies the ages for which each medication has an FDA indication
- Specifies which medications can be chewed, sprinkled on food, dissolved in liquid, or must be taken whole
Download a 2-page PDF version of the guide from Alexandra Cohen Children’s Medical Center of New York, part of Northwell Health.
Source: Alexandra Cohen Children’s Medical Center | The ADHD Medication Guide, http://www.adhdmedicationguide.com | Copyright © 2011 – 2022. Last updated in January 2022.
If you have concerns about your child or teen, CHC Care Coordinators can arrange a free 30-minute consultation so you can explore options with an expert. We invite you to call or email us at 650.688.3625 or email@example.com to set up an initial Parent Consultation appointment. CHC teletherapy services are available now.