CHC Winter Closure: Help Resources
Holiday greetings! This winter, our staff will be enjoying some well-earned down time with family and friends.
Our offices in Palo Alto and San Jose will be closed December 21, 2019 – January 1, 2020 and will reopen January 2nd.
We hope you too will enjoy time off from school and work, for rest, relaxation, fun and family.
Strategies to Help with Stress
We know also that the week can be stressful! Here are some strategies to help.
- Use the skills you are learning in therapy.
- Take a break, walk or exercise — all are ways to reduce stress and tension.
- Call a friend or trusted family member.
- Consider this advice from CHC: Stop Running and Other Holiday Tips for You and Your Teen
- Read these Tips for Managing the Holiday Blues from our friends at NAMI.
If you need help right away, please see the Stress & Crisis Resources below.
If this is not a crisis situation—but a pressing issue that cannot wait for our return on December 2nd—we will have an on-call clinician available to offer you some brief guidance. While the on-call clinician will not be intimately aware of your situation/family, they can help you with problem solving. Please call 650.688.3660. You can expect a return call within 12 hours.
If you need a refill on a prescription you already have, call 650.326.5530 and press option 4 and that will link you to our psychiatric on-call service.
Stress & Crisis Resources
Can’t wait until your appointment? Please refer to these 24/7 crisis lines for immediate help.
- Dial 911 or go to your nearest emergency room or urgent care
- Santa Clara Crisis Line: 855.278.4204
- San Mateo Crisis Line: 650.579.0350
- San Francisco Crisis Line: 415.781.0500
- Crisis Text Line: 800.273.8255 or Text BAY to 741741 (Anyone can send a message! Kids, teens and adults.)
- Star Vista’s Crisis Hotline: 650.579.0350
- National Suicide Prevention Hotline: 800.273.8255
- Uplift Mobile Crisis Team: 408.379.9085 / toll-free 877.412.7474
- Alum Rock Mobile Crisis: 408.294.0579
- Lifeline Crisis Chat: crisischat.org
- OnYourMind Teen Chat (M-Th, 4:30-9:30 pm): onyourmind.net